- repainted, planted, fixed and put our house on the market;
- after a couple of really stressful weeks, finally closed on our old house, and closed on our fabulous new house;
- Moved. Oh my gracious, if I have any control over it - NEVER AGAIN, but oh, I love my craft LOFT;
- Started my daughter in first grade, which was a bit amazing to me;
- Took over a local monthly scrapbooking crop (you can find us here on Facebook, or here on Meetup.com);
- Realized that I really, really wanted to spend more time with my daughter, and less time at work/stressed out/driving, so I found a part-time job;
- Bought a new car!
- Made two payments on the car, and was then t-boned in an intersection, which totalled the car, but my daughter and I walked away, thank goodness;
- Started a Daisy troop for my daughter to fill a need for new Girl Scouts!
- Also, bought a new car that gets fabulous gas mileage, especially with a full battery charge (Ford C-Max SEL Energi; we installed a home charging station, too).
So, the bonus of being a crafty Troop Leader is that I love to do stuff like this:
I found these fleece jackets at Target, on sale for $10, and used my Silhouette Cameo to import and trace the images. I've used the templates a lot, and love being able to convert designs into rhinestone templates so that I could make these. We also marched with our Service Unit in a local Veterans Day parade, and we carried these:
Just cardstock glued to paint sticks from Home Depot! The girls loved them and were waving them at everyone!
We're also gearing up for our first Cookie Season, and another leader on one of my Girl Scout Facebook groups posted a fantastic "cheat sheet" for cookie booth sales. I downloaded it, printed it so that it's double-sided and then ran it through my Xyron laminating cartridge. I cut them apart, punched a hole at the top and snapped them onto some lanyards I found online at the GSUSA store (for $2.99) - voila'!
So we're on our way to Cookie Season - which doesn't start until mid-January, but it's good to be prepared! :)
Once I've cleaned and organized my craft loft I'll post pictures. :) It's a really great space! Thanks for looking!